Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Moms that make Stuff

awesome, chunky cowl made by mom

Moms that make stuff rock, and my mom is no exception. As long as I can remember, my mom has enjoyed working on different projects. This includes sewing, knitting, making jewelry, etc. She could sew up a pair of curtains in no time, and I remember her doing just that for a big window in my and my husband's first place. I remember her making dresses for my sister and I, she even made my sister's wedding dress! Certainly not a simple feat. Now she creates cute dresses for my daughter and nieces.


great legwarmers to keep me warm!
 I love it that I that although I'm 'big' now, she will still create me stuff! To help keep me warm this winter she made me a large cowl as well as some chunky leg warmers. A while back she made my sisters and I one of a kind earrings. I even have a few of her gorgeous jewelry creations in my Etsy shop for sale.


earrings mom made for me, funky!
a totally unique necklace mom made, for sale in my shop


Who wouldn't be inspired to follow in her footsteps? Unfortunately I am not quite as multi-talented as her, but I can keep learning! This is to all Moms who make great stuff, thank you!

1 comment:

  1. Your doing a pretty good job of following in your Mom's footsteps Vicky!

    ReplyDelete